Before you start looking for a reception site:
Compile a guest list before you start your search for a venue. You won’t know how many guests your looking at until you start with making a list.
- Consider what the ideal place would be. Do you want outdoors? Do you want elegance or simplicity? Do you have any handicapped guests?
- Plan your budget!
- Do your research to find the perfect reception site for you.
- Remember your vision.
Now that you have found the perfect reception site, what do you do next? Below you will find a timeline that will help you during this fun and exciting process. Keep in mind this is a wonderful time and you want to enjoy the journey to your wedding day.
After booking Chancey’s Event Center
- Secure your limousine service
- Make appointments to view and secure your entertainment
- Secure your officiant
Six to Nine Months
- Find and order your gown
- Decide on a florist
- Order accessories: veil, jewelry, and shoes
- Compile complete and final guest list from bride and groom’s families
- Choose and notify attendants and groomsmen
- Choose and order attendants’ gowns
- Decide on your photographer
- Select and register bridal registry items
- Discuss honeymoon plans
Four to Six Months
- Select invitations
- Choose your cake
- Make your final honeymoon plans
- Plan details with florist
- Select men’s formalwear
- Choose and order favors
Two to Four Months
- Address invitations and mail
- Plan music and schedule of events with your entertainment
- Choose groomsmen’s and attendants’ gifts
- Schedule the rehearsal dinner
One to Two Months
- Final dress fittings
- Make appointment with hairdresser to choose hairstyle
- Pick up rings
- Buy guest book, pen, toasting glasses, cake knife and server, card box, etc.
- Set a date to get marriage license and blood tests with fiancé
- Make any name changes if necessary
- Make an appointment with Chancey’s for a planning meeting with your personal coordinator
- Choose a menu with your caterer
- Create a floorplan that works best for number of guests
- Select your linens
- Select your chair covers, if using them
- Finalize any special and important details
- Finalize floorplan and place cards
- Final Guest Count is due
- Pack fo your honeymoon
- Day to drop off items at Chancey’s
- Bring in your favors, place cards, toasting glasses, guest book, card box, bathroom baskets, and anything else for the reception that can be left with Chancey’s to set up for you.
- Finalize floorplan stating how many people at each table.
- Final payment in the form of a banker’s check, money order, cash, or credit card, which does incur a service fee.
The night before
- Rehearsal at ceremony site
- Rehearsal dinner
- And finally, try to SLEEP!
- Now breath! It’s going to be beautiful! You are in good hands.